Friday 18 May 2012

Yummy, sticky coffee cupcakes

coffee cupcakes
I was on birthday baking duties this week and instead of baking a large cake, I decided on cupcakes!

Cupcakes are by far my preference when it comes to baking (and eating of course). I love how cute they are and the fact there is always so much icing on top.

I found a really simple recipe for Coffee cupcakes with chocolate frosting (by Silvena Rowe) on the Good Food Channel website.

I did tweak it ever so slightly for my own purposes.

I wasn't sure if the birthday boy liked pecans so I didn't include them in the cake mixture, just a little one on top for decoration. I also had to ice them the night before since I was unsure how the mascapone would keep. I opted for the usual chocolate buttercream icing, which is delicious!

coffee cupcakes
I think the best part of this recipe is the coffee and sugar syrup you drizzle over the cupcakes when they first come out of the oven. Not only does it smell lovely, but makes the cakes a little gooey, yum.

And I quote my lovely boyfriend "...this cupcake is delish, deffo your best yet."

So, there you have it folks, they have the boyfriend seal of approval. Get yourself over to the website now and check out the recipe for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment